Join us in Orlando on February 9–11, 2012, for Pearson’s National Summit. This year’s theme is “Best Practices in School Improvement.” The summit will focus on what makes a school improvement model successful; the impact of the Common Core State Standards on curriculum, instruction, and assessment; and strategies for increasing teacher effectiveness.
The National Summit provides educational leaders with a unique opportunity to learn about best practices in school improvement directly from top educational researchers and districts that have made high academic standards a reality for all students:
· Discover what scholars and practicing educators are saying about effective school improvement models. Why is a comprehensive approach important? Should efforts be focused on students in Tier 1, 2, or 3? How can schools develop the capacity to sustain continuous improvement?
· Hear what educational experts and colleagues are saying about the Common Core State Standards and their impact on school improvement efforts. Understand how the new writing requirements and the eight standards for mathematical practice will affect your curriculum and instructional approaches.
· Uncover strategies for increasing teacher effectiveness. You’ll gain knowledge of the latest approaches for collecting data to inform decision making, developing a plan for ongoing professional development and continuous improvement, and increasing teacher engagement.
· Share best practices. Learn what works and what doesn’t in real-world classrooms.
· Explore successful schools through virtual tours. See for yourself how effective instructional practices are engaging students and impacting learning.
· Network with teachers, coaches, principals, and other school leaders from around the country. Gather practical tips and advice for immediate action from colleagues who have overcome the challenges you face.