General Surgeons who place catheters using laparoscopic techniques are Invited to Register to Attend
Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) University for Surgeons
Wake Forest School of Medicine and The International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD) is pleased to announce that we will be hosting the Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) University for Surgeons Courses.
These courses will run from approximately 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Course Topics Including:
· Peritoneal Dialysis as Renal Replacement Therapy
· Issues and Economics of Dialysis Therapies
· Preoperative Assessment, Planning, and Preparation
· Implantation Techniques
· Surgical Salvage of Peritoneal Dialysis Catheters from Infectious and Mechanical Complications
· Surgical Laboratory Orientation
Hands-On Experience Including:
· Station I: Preoperative Mapping to Determine Catheter Type Selection and Exit-Site Location (Mannequin Simulator)
· Station II: Peritoneal Catheter Implantation — Rectus Sheath Tunneling (Laparoscopic Simulator)
· Station III: Proactive Laparoscopic Implantation Techniques — Omentopexy (Laparoscopic Simulator)
· Station IV: Implantation of 2-Piece Extended Peritoneal Catheters for Upper Abdominal and Chest (Presternal) Exit-Site Locations (Mannequin Simulator)
· Station V: Primary Catheter Exteriorization, Immobilization, and Dressings and Delayed Exteriorization (Embedding) Procedure (Mannequin Simulator)
The course material will be delivered by renowned experts in the field.
A similar course is available for Interventional Nephrologists and Interventional Radiologists. For more information, please visit www.pduinir.com.